Yoga has been practiced for more than 5,000 years and in the west yoga classes tend to focus on the physical poses called asanas. They also
include a pranayama section and depending on the length of the class a short meditation. The class finishes with a guided
Regular yoga practice:
- Improves flexibility, aches and pains disappear.
- Strong muscles protect us from arthritis and back pain.
- Improves joint motion by taking them through their full range of movement.
- Keeps your disc's supple.
- Strengthens bones and helps ward off osteoporosis.
- Relaxation can help to decrease heart attacks.
- Increases drainage of the lymph helping to fight infection.
- Improves cardiovascular conditioning, by lowering the resting heart rate.
- Helps to reduce blood pressure.
- Lowers cortisol levels which compromises the immune system.
- Helps to alleviate depression and increases immune function.
- Weight - move more and eat less - burns calories.
- Lowers blood sugar and LDL ("bad") cholesterol and boosts HDL ("good") cholesterol.